Saturday, July 20, 2013

Frostgaurd Theme on League of Legends Philippines

Greetings of peace Summoner,
I know it is already  too late to bring this topic, since Aatrox has been summoned already, but I guess this might lit a little interest to those who love to summon Lissandra on the Field of Justice, and for those individuals who was able to unlock the Frostguard summoner icon.

For those pips who have been playing in the North America (NA) server LoL (League of Legends) while they too play in Philippine server LoL (League of Legends), we have seen how Riot welcomed Lissandra on the Field of Justice. In the login process they have Lissandra’s animation, while Lissandra’s “Comeback Speech” was being played a.k.a “Lore” telling about the revenge they will partake and being reborn as ice born,  and etc., to wrap up things here’s the video from Youtube.com.

Youtube video from CatMint0405


I was been sadden by the fact that our PH server LoL (League of Legends), is not as “Astig” or  “Cool” as what Riot had for Lissandra’s enrollment to the League of Legends. I had the feeling that I want to make one.


"The Adventure"
I was exploring my “GarenaLoLPH” folder as what I use to do, looking at the wallpapers that I could personally use in the image folder to set as my desktop wallpaper.

I saw a folder named login, so I checked it, and it was ok, I saw the Authentication screen wallpaper in it. It drew my attention, how about I change the image to the TPA wallpaper? I grab the wallpaper, do the change stuff  hoping things will work, while I was feared by the fact that my LoL might get messed up, I logged in, then there it was, changes has been applied, so I said “I see, this is great! let me change it to Aatrox” still the changes took effect, I said “Looks like a bit of personalized.”. Currently I am using Lissandra.



I  went on, exploring more, I landed on the directory "en_US\HowlingAbyss" I opened it and saw the  "lore" file, out of curiosity I played the file, it is actually a sound file, then there it goes playing, at the first 12 seconds of the sound file, it was silent, until it reaches the 13th sec, Lissandra's voice came out, and she says,
I will bury the world in Ice - Lissandra

"We have waited so long for this day, we have being so patient. Now my children my Frostguards, it is our time. I have seen the future, and it is cold, the watchers return, and they are so pleased with you. They will take away your hunger, they will take away your pain, you will be reborn, like me. You, will become ice born! We will take back what is ours, till the tribes won't be able to stop us, they are but a snow flakes. And we, are an avalanche."

It sounded creepy yet cool.

Next was the champion selection sounds. I landed on the "ambient" folder and saw the champion select sounds, I played the file and it feels like, was really going to play and pick the champion to summon, you know the feeling of the pressure and excitement.


"The Project"
Now I was thinking, and I had the feeling of projecting on to something, and it was the idea of login screen in the North America LOL server, I said "Since all the way from Lissandra's enrollment until Aatrox enrollment to the League this "lore" auido file was here, how about making something like what Riot had in their login screen ( Like the youtube video above)", but the problem is, our PH server has different means of logging in, there is no animation at all. So my problem was how do I get to inject the "lore" sound file, I mean Lissandra's speech, so much like what Riot had in their log in screen. Then I remembered the champion select sound file, now an idea hit me, I said "How about I mix the champion select sound with the lore sound file, so that when I enter the champion selection process I will be able to hear Lissandra's voice, like the one in the North America LOL server?", I grab onto this idea.

I did the same thing with what I did in the login screen of LoL, but this time it is a sound file, so I went on did the changes, mixed the voice of Lissandra and the champion selection sound, immediately after having the mixed sound file (lore sound file) of Lissandra and the champion selection sound, I placed it in the champion selection sound folder, again with the fear of messing up my LoL, I logged in, pressed the “Play” button, been hit by match making process, there it goes I am on the champion selection process screen, picked my champion, after a few seconds, there it is Lissandra’s voice was playing while I was on the champion selection queue and it was like "Wow, cool", feelin the heat of the Freljord war. I was thinking, that I could personalize/theme my LoL just a little bit of a like with what Riot does. And with this project I can theme it into what tribe I want, Ashe of Avarosan, Sejuani of Winters Claw, and Lissandra of Frost Gaurd.




"The Finished End"
Now, when I play and do the champion selection it is as if just like how Riot welcomed Lissandra. Although lesser in coolness from what Riot had for Lissandra. Now I have my LoL themed as Lissandra the Ice Witch with the voice and login screen, what is exciting is that, if I wanted to theme my LOL with the Avarosan or the Winter's Claw, I can.

Above all, all the copyright ownership belongs to their respective owners; I do not intend to take any of it, all rights reserved to them, this is for personal use only.

"Let's do this - Jax"
Click the tribe you prefer and follow the instructions on how to set the theme.

Theme your Leauge of Legends with the Avarosans, the tribe of Justice, lead by Ashe the Frost Archer.

Theme your Leauge of Legends with the Winters Claws, the tribe of Courage, lead by Sejuani.

Theme your Leauge of Legends with the Frostgaurds, the tribe of watchers of the ancient Freljord, lead by Lissandra the Ice Witch.




No comments:

Post a Comment